CODE OF CONDUCT
What We Expect From You
Each house resident will be asked to adhere to a code of conduct, whilst living in the house.
OVERVIEW OF HOUSE RULES
Prescription, mind-altering and illicit substances
- Any misuse of prescribed medication, use of alcohol or use of illicit drugs will result in immediate expulsion.
- Any Illicit/Illegal substances found on the property or in the possession of a Five Pillars Sober Living Facility resident will result in law enforcement being notified.
- Residents will submit to random testing at managements discretion (no less than once a week). Refusal to be tested will be taken as a relapse and will result in expulsion.
- Energy drinks e.g. Red Bull, Monster, etc. will not be permitted on the property.
- Vehicles are parked on the Five Pillars Sober Living Facility property at an individual’s own risk.
- Five Pillars Sober Living Facility and its staff will not take responsibility for any theft, loss, accident or negligence to vehicles or contents.
- We reserve the right to search vehicles.
- All rooms and living areas must be kept clean at all times and beds must be made by 09:00 daily.
- Residents must be out of their rooms between 09:00 and 16:00 daily.
- If unemployed, a fair portion of your day must be spend actively job-seeking. Proof thereof will be required.
- Residents are required to take care of their own laundry.
- Consideration must be given to other residents, in terms of time, volume levels and general sharing of TV's , laptops etc.
- Individuals are responsible for cleaning the kitchen after they have used the stove, oven, hot plate etc. Dishes are to be rinsed and placed in the dishwasher.
- The lounge, meeting area, smoking area and outdoor areas are for socializing. No resident is permitted into any other resident’s room.
- NO MEMBERS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX WILL BE ALLOWED IN EACH OTHERS’ ROOMS FOR ANY REASON.
- Smoking is only allowed in the permitted areas.
- The main house will be off-limits to all residents between 23:00 and 06:00, unless prior arrangements have been made, or in the case of an emergency.
- We reserve the right to perform random searches of rooms and personal property.
- No firearms or any other form of weapon (licensed or unlicensed) will be permitted onto the property.
- Curfew is 22:30 from Monday to Thursday, 00:00 on Friday and Saturday, and 18:30 on Sunday for compulsory weekly house meetings.
- All residents are EXPECTED to behave in a dignified and respectable manner towards other residents, staff, and themselves at all times.
- All resisents will dress in a modest, respectable manner.
- No pets are allowed – the house has two delightful and attention loving dogs already.
- Racism, bigotry on any level will not be tolerated and could result in expulsion as well as further action being taken.
- No romantic relationships are permitted between residents of Five Pillars Sober Living Facility. Should this occur, it will result in one or both parties being expelled.
- Only immediate family and people registered on the Five Pillars Sober Living Facility Visiting List will be permitted onto the property. No exceptions ever, PLEASE DO NOT PUT US IN THAT POSITION THAT WE NEED TO TURN PEOPLE AWAY, proper, and adequate communication is all that is required.
Recovery and personal development plan
- It is compulsory for all residents to attend groups, meetings and activities scheduled for a particular day/week as laid out in your welcome pack.
- Step-work will be maintained on an ongoing basis with your sponsor.
- It is compulsory to have a sponsor, who's name and contact details must be provided; we reserve the right to do a safety check with your sponsor should we have any concerns.
- In the first month you will not be permitted any weekend passes; thereafter permission must be obtained and agreed with 72 hours in advance.
- Information about your whereabouts when leaving the premises on weekend passes must be submitted along with additional contact numbers and addresses.
Failure to adhere to any of the above may result in either penalties or sanctions.
In the event of expulsion, no refund of the month's rent will be considered, with the exception of the breakage and key deposit, which will be refunded on the return of remotes and keys.